In Ayurveda it is called Vamkukshi..
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fat gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of Parkinsons and Alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to Ayurveda.